Saturday, February 12, 2011

Happy V-day to MEEEEE!


Daniel and I aren't big into Valentine's Day. Sure we'll go out to eat because who doesn't like to do that, right? Flowers...? I like getting flowers more when the guy doesn't feel pressured into it because of a commercialized holiday such as Valentine's Day. Candy...? Sure, but I eat candy all year long. But THIS year, Dan hit the mother load of all V-day gifts. The Ghirardelli Chocolate Cookbook!

I was so surprised and it's the Valentine's gift that keeps on giving!!! But the more it gives the heavier I get as well lol. The first dish I wanted to make was the molten lava cake (as featured on the cover of the book).


STEP 1: 
To make the lava centers, melt 2 ounces of Ghiradelli baking chocolate with 1/4 heavy cream. Refrigerate for 2 hours until firm and form into small round balls.  Set aside until needed.

STEP 2:
To make the cakes, melt 4 ounces of Ghirardelli baking chocolate with 1/2 cup butter.

Melt slowly on low heat to not scorch chocolate.

STEP 3:
In a large bowl beat 2 eggs, 2 egg yokes , 1/3 cup sugar and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla. Beat on high speed until thick and light. Pour the melted chocolate and 1/4 cup flour into egg mixture. Stir until just combined.

STEP 4:
Pour cake batter into 4-6 ramekin's (depending on how big or small they are). 

STEP 5:
Place a chocolate ball in the center of each ramekin.

STEP 6:
Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes Remove from oven and cool for 5 minutes.

*** I spoon a scoop of vanilla ice cream over my lava cakes ***

ENJOY THE YUMMY OOEY GOOEY GOODNESS OF GHIRARDELLI CHOCOLATE MOLTEN LAVA CAKES!!!!

Thanks hunny :)

2 comments:

Kylee said...

Those were to die for!!! Thanks for sharing your delightful treat with us :) I am also very happy that you got that cookbook.

Erica Eisenmenger said...

Yummy!! I want to try!