Saturday, May 28, 2011

Sad News

Well Michigan hasn't been the most welcoming state to us. When we were here last summer for Dan's internship with Amway he had emergency surgery on his kidney...no bueno. This summer we moved with an exciting adventure before us of starting our family here but alas, I miscarried earlier this week...double no bueno.

For those of you who did not know I was pregnant I was only 8 weeks along. I began heavy bleeding Wednesday morning and I just knew... The next few days after that was a series of Dr. visits, blood work and ultra sounds where they ultimately could not find a heartbeat. We suspected as much with the heavy bleeding and the magic vanishing of my intense morning/all day sickness. The good news is the ultra sound did not display any abnormalities that should prevent conceiving a healthy baby in the future. We will begin trying in a few months.

Until then, Daniel and I doing OK. Of course we are sad, but we also understand this is very common and things like this just happen for whatever reason. We have no doubt that we will have our healthy baby one day :) Daniel will continue working for Amway while I find a hobby to occupy my time...maybe work? Now let's not be silly, I'm still on vacation from my other job in AZ.

Anyway, thank you SO MUCH for you kind words of love and support. We are truly blessed to have the friends and family we do to help us get through trying times like this.

Much love.

2 comments:

Aubree Legler said...

Oh Meghann, I'm so sorry for you and Daniel. Please know that we are praying for you guys!

Dawn said...

While what you are experiencing is very sad, what I appreciate about you is your perspective. You have faith and that is what will heal your spirit. You are surely in our thoughts and prayers! Take care and use this time to rest! :)