We decided to let Norah express a little creativity this weekend by experimenting with some [edible] water colors.
Mix 2 parts water with 1 part corn starch and food coloring. I just wanted a dab of a color or two because I knew the first thing she would do was dump the colors (and I was right).
I mixed 2 Tbl water + 1 Tbl corn starch + 2 drops food coloring.
I gave her a little craft sponge that I had for her to "paint" with. You could see the little knobs in her head turning as she inspected this new device. It was a fun new change from just sitting on the floor throwing toys around. Introducing new things to help with your child's mental and physical development are SO important. So if you are snowed in with your little ones this winter (as many of this part of the region are) whip up some colorful water paints and let your kids go nuts. They will make a mess and that's okay! It's 100% washable on all surfaces!!!
"Whats this?"
"Does it taste good?"
"I'll just dump this out, whatever it is..."
"Hmmm, new colors..."
"Oh HI mom!"
"I think this is how you do it."
"Mom's clapping, I think I did it right!"
"The pink tastes okay"
"Hello Sadie."
My two gals...making a mess, making memories :)
3 comments:
She is adorable! And she looks like she's having a blast! You're such a fun mama :o)
PS - LOVE the new blog look!
So so cute!! Norah is well on her way to making millions for her paintings.
What a cute idea! I loved your commentating on each picture. And the new blog layout looks great!
Post a Comment