Tuesday, June 8, 2010

CHI-TOWN!

This past weekend we took a quick little trip to the windy city! It's been quite a while since both Dan and I have been to Chicago so it was a lot of fun to go again for the first time TOGETHER! We stayed with Aunt Eilene and Uncle Dennis...thank you SO MUCH for opening your home to us (again), it's always fun to visit with family.

We woke up Saturday morning and went to the Chicago temple, we haven't been to the temple since before Prague so we were grateful that we had the opportunity to go this weekend. 

After the temple, we drove downtown and walked and shopped the miracle mile! I absolutely LOVE downtown Chicago, it's such a neat city and we loved how it's on the water. We were going to go up in the Sears Tower...but it was $15 PER person. We'll do that next time (maybe). 

The main reason we went to Chicago was for, what else, a soccer game! A classmate of Daniel's is an intern for the Chicago Fire and was great enough to get us SWEET tickets at mid field! It's always fun to get out and see some games, plus Dan LOVES it lol.

We had a great time and really appreciated a weekend away from Grand Rapids for a few days. We are already planning another trip to Chi-town in July! So stay tuned...

Happy Tuesday everyone!

1 comment:

Ashley's Conscious Life said...

Hey Meg, looks like you guys had fun in Chicago! When we went a few years ago, we stopped at Navy Pier and the Museum of Science and Industry I think...I would have rather gone shopping on the Miracle Mile though! I hear you're coming in town soon, maybe I'll see you later this week ( :