Friday, September 10, 2010

Labor Day FUN


So life has resumed at the home front here in Arizona. Tuesday Daniel started classes and I went back to work. YIPPIE! No it's really not that bad. I'm glad that we are getting back into a schedule. Since we went to Prague, then Michigan, Dan's surgery, road-tripping home, which is over a span of six months!!! ...I am SO happy to be back to real life. At least for now. We love our ward and we love our friends. Dan loves school and I love...I mean put up with work. So there's not too much to complain about at the moment. 

But before we restarted our boring lives we took a fun, short trip with Brody and Kylee. CAMPING!!! (note: this was my first time camping). We drove 2 hours north to flagstaff and it was g-o-r-g-e-o-u-s! The weather was beautiful, so much better than Phoenix. 


Before we left we made tin-foil dinners. Ok, if this was YOUR first time camping, you wouldn't know what one of those were either. They were, however, surprisingly tasty! Also, the watermelon and root beer accompanied our dinner exceptionally well.


The rest of the night we spent playing cards, reminiscing about Prague, roasting marshmallows and another first...roasted starbursts! Yes. Step 1) choose your starburst. Step 2) ever so carefully spear your starburst to the end of a "poker." Step 3) Stick your poker in the fire until starburst has created a hard-candy shell. Step 4) enjoy an initial crunch of candy, followed by ooey-gooey goodness. HEAVEN!



First time camping was a success! We had such a fun time catching up with our friends since we haven't seen each other all summer. I wouldn't mind trying it again sometime :)

2 comments:

Kylee said...

Yay!! I'm glad you liked it. Lets for sure go again. We had a blast. PS I like your instructions for roasting starbursts. It really describes how truly yummy they are!

Cassandra said...

Looks like fun! Flagstaff is awesome, I love it there.