Monday, June 22, 2009

Taste the Rainbow

Ok, so here is our latest concoction! What begins as a simple box of Betty Crocker white cake mix turned into a brilliant bursting of colors right in our mouths!!!

STEP 1: white cake mix

STEP 2: TASTE THE RAINBOW


STEP 3: TA-DA!!!




Ok, so there are more than 3 steps so here it is....

Ingredients:
2 boxes white cake mix
24 oz of Sprite
gel food colouring
16 oz whipped topping
2 boxes instant fat-free sugar-free pudding mix

Cake:
Mix 2 boxes white cake mix with 24 oz of Sprite (no eggs, no oil, no water). Divide your cake mix into 6 cups or bowls and stir in gel food colours. Next, drop the colours, one by one, into the middle of the pan, in neat concentric-ish gobs. Do the reverse order of colors in the other pan.
To finish up follow the box’s baking instructions.

Topping:
Stir your 2 boxes of instant pudding with 2 tubs of cool whip. The frosting will be a little tough to spread so be sure the cake is completely cool before frosting. Also, I added a little milk because mine was REALLY thick.
This is what it's suppose to look like :)

I think we're gonna have to give it another couple trys before ours looks like that.

But anyway...ENJOY!!!

1 comment:

Court said...

This is so great! I recently saw a recipie just like this for cupcakes and wanted to try it...I guess now I will!